St Mary's Church Rodbourne Cheney, located on the corner of Akers Way and Cheney Manor Road, has existed since the 13th Century with Saxon and Norman connections prior to this. It is the only mediaeval church in Swindon. The first named vicar was Johannes Channeu in 1308 and this probably was where Cheney has been derived. Over the centuries the building has been enlarged.
The Church Hall is situated on Cheney Manor Road and is available for hire for local community events and groups. We have hosted a wide variety of events from children’s birthday parties to self defence classes, from dance groups to school groups.
The building consists of the main hall and two smaller rooms, the smaller one of which is carpeted with soft chairs. There is also a good kitchen. Parts of the hall may be rented separately, or the whole complex at a reduced rate.
Please contact the office for further information on availability and booking.
The Hall is currently undergoing refurbishment including a new heating system, insulation and modernisation of the kitchen. For the latest on this see the News Page. We are grateful to Biffa Award, Haydon Wick Parish District Council and Wiltshire Community Foundation for their financial support.